Damaged Collapsible Hitch Covers
Intermodal rail cars equipped with collapsible hitches have metal covers which are frequently damaged by trailer and chassis landing gears. Repairs to covers are costly and time consuming.
Pennsy's TOFC Hitch Barrier
Pennsy designed a polymer hitch barrier to warn of the danger of a collapsible hitch.
Barrier will return to original shape after contact with trailer or container.
Cumbersome metal cover is eliminated.
- Elimination of hitch covers
- Flexible polymer hitch barrier is not damaged by loading personnel
- Reduced rail car dwell time at intermodal facility
- Easy weld washer installation, no drilling or special tools
- High visibility orange, that will not rust or corrode